So over the last year I have been pouring everything I have in me for H2k, theres been plenty of good moments and bad moments. I'd like to think so far that most of my work was successful because I have passion for any work I do wih H2k and I will always do what is in the best interest for everybody, looking at how it affects everyone and try and find a suitable solution that fits everyone.
However, it's really getting demorolising working with people or around people that do not have the same passion as you or will to create some great they can be proud of. Fair enough if that person can't be arsed and doesn't do any of their own work, in the end its their loss. But this is the second time that a long term project of mine, something I have been working on for weeks, even months, and sacrificed a lot of personal time for, has been single handedly destroyed because, well, one or two people just, couldn't be arsed. I am liturally being depressed over my work being destroyed because someone else sees everything with a minimalist view. Everything is being done "just alright" and I hate that, why have it "just alright" if with a little brain and effort you could have it at its best?
Don't get me wrong, I love everyone in H2k and I can't thank them enough for what they have given me so far over the last year. But this is me, free willingly giving them my sweat and tears, only to be torn down by someone elses' lazyness, and I can't handle that. So I've come to the decision of stepping a little bit back. I will still continue doing my work as usual but I'm not gonna go the extra mile anymore to make it perfect. I mean, what's the point? it's only gonna get screwed over anyway.
And if anyone of the Swedish guys are reading, don't worry, I don't mean I will work less for you. Being the current team manager of cs 1.6 and cod4 is an honour and I will always fight my heart out to help you guys with anything you need and I will always be there to support you guys.
So far its been quite successful, I mean, in one week I was able to do three quarter of the things I've been putting back for months because "i had no time" because I was always glued to my PC trying to make everyone happy while in between working on my H2k and personal projects.
So now, basically, email me, and I might reply, just don't expect me to stick around all day, waiting for an answer or something so I can continue working. Hey, if somebody can't be bothered to email me back or simply answer a question honestly, then why should I.
Besides, I have a couple of personal projects that came in which means I can make some money, which means its more improtant, because no matter how much I love working for H2k, i can't pay my bills with hope and love.
Elke,
ReplyDeleteYou know I told you you're not the only one who's putting everything he has into this?
As I told you, i'm there to help you where needed too.
Elke <3
ReplyDelete@friberg <3
ReplyDelete@Gaetan - i know Im not the only one
Elke <3 haha ;D
ReplyDelete