Screw valentines. I mean really. Who the hell cares about valentines day. Usually the ones who get something are the ones already in a relationship, and the single ones just sit there depressed at home. What a retarded holiday.
I wish they made Halloween bigger in Europe. Or at least central Europe, I remember back in England and Ireland we actually use to celebrate it quite religiously with costumes and rotten eggs. Belgium however....
I went to a club during the weekend, it was "Halloween night", I thought, awesome, gonna see people dressed up, scary music, scary decoration etc... Yeah right. It turns out people forgot to read the leaflet or something because I did not see anything Halloween theme related, maybe a plastic spider hung up here or there. Is the younger generation really taking themselves that seriously?
I remember when i was 16 to 18, any occasion the nightclub would give an opportunity for people to dress up I would so be the first to look for a costume. It's a great opportunity to dress up, be a retard and nobody cares about it because, well, your in a costume and quite frankly a drunken pirate in a nightclub makes perfect sense. Sure you might feel a retard at the time, but those times have also given me the greatest memories. In Ireland, I remember people dressing up as banana's for Halloween, and we all thought "How genius!". Here in Belgium or France, he would be laughed at for dressing up. Sad, boring teenagers.
Did I also mention that teenagers have suddenly forgotten how to dance? "Back in my clubbing days" (god I'm starting to sound like my mother), when a good song came on I remember everybody going absolutely crazy and dancing like a maniac. When I was at the Noxx, "one of the best clubs of belgium" apparently, the little people weren't even dancing. They were just standing there kinda bopping up and down while zipping their pink/blue bacardi breezer which made them drunk after a full glass. An epic song such as "SHM - One" comes on and no reaction. I was loving it, moving and dancing like a mad woman, those guys were barely moving. An epic song like ATB - 9PM (ti'll I come) comes on, and you can see the little teenagers talking between them going "what's this song? is it new? is that Beyonce?".
Either I'm getting too old too fast, or either the next generations are getting more and more stupid.
No comments:
Post a Comment