Search This Blog

Tuesday, 23 February 2010

DSRack Day 2 and finals

What will be written next will only be positive things about DSRack, its staff, participants and teams. So if your looking for the usual rant in esports, don't read on.

Although I may not have talked much to him, qdk is a great man and organised a great LAN event. The participants themselves (other teams) were very friendly too and very eager to play H2k and talk with them or watch them play. The groupstages on the first day went relatively easy for the team, perhaps a bit too easy as they got too comfortable winning and werent ready for the strong(er) opponents in the playoffs, which is exactly what happened with OnlinerZ. I honestly have to say I was never as excited to see a team play like I was with H2k (CSS) on this event. I've seen pretty exciting games live at ESWC, WCG, ESL etc... but the games at DSRack were so close and exciting it really got my blood flowing!

Meeting the boys from the H2k source team was probably the nicest thing thats happened in esports for me in a long time. Friberg, kaja, cem, pokke and cozman are absolutely great guys and I can see them going a long way together as I have never seen a team get on so well together, in and out of game.

The loss in the Consolation Final versus Burning is of course somewhat dissapointing, I would have loved to see H2k win the whole thing. On the other hand, I'm happy they reached their predicted seed and have made it as far as they have.

A special thank you to the staff of DSRack, who have been extremely nice to me and the team. I wish more LANs were this successful :) <3

1 comment: