
A couple of months back I bought some quiet rare Stan Smith Adidas flat shoes (could call it a tennis shoe I guess? ie: sort of like in the picture). In fact, these shoes were so rare that I had never seen anyone wear them before nor can you buy them online but only in certain shoe shops.
I was so proud of them, loved wearing them and had never worn a shoe as comfortable as that before. However, they were all white, and being scared of making them dirty, I only worn them indoors so far. Unfortunatly, while a friend of mine was staying at my flat, she slept over and in the morning asked me if she could borrow some of my clothes, half asleep, I said "yes". The horrific results of my positive word only struck me when my shoes were not found where they should have been, on my most prized shoe shelf. I later on found that not only had she borrowed THOSE shoes, she borrowed them on the day it decided to quiete heavily rain on a muddy day.
As she came home my eyes looked at the ground in horror...unrepairable, uncleanable (I hadn't sprayed them yet to protect them...silly of me...). So since then I've been wearing them "outside" too seeing as they're already de-virginised from the dirty city street.
While walking through the city center though, last week, my eyes directly caught the attention of another pair of adidas with a beautiful and unique print pattern on the side, yet again flat shoes. As sad and womanly it sounds: "I'm dying to get my hands on those shoes". I'm counting down the days until I think its financially safe for me to buy them...I actually feel I should be out there guarding them! Fingers crossed they'll still be there for a little...
Stan Smiths! i have the exact pair that are on that picture haha. I Know what you mean, they cant get dirty easily, and be careful if u wear jeans with them on a rainy day because the denim blue can sometimes transfer onto it :(. They're a really comfortable shoe! i have a pair of green ones too! hehe
ReplyDeleteHahaha, cute little story there. And I know what you mean with not wanting to make them dirty, I always feel the same way the first days when I've got new white shoes, don't want to make them dirty straight away. But once they've gotten to the point where they don't really look all that new anymore, I just don't care that much about it and wear them wherever :). GL on getting those new ones though, haha.
ReplyDelete