Work wise, I'm really trying my best, but its hard when you're constantly being beaten down by the people who are supposed to help you or at least bring you information that is meant to inspire or help your work, but you're given nothing. At least IEM V Europe was a success I believe. The coverage was good, the hits were good and generally I think me and Tex are quite a good coverage team. He helped me when I was feeling down and unmotivated and same the other way around. I'm looking forward to his coverage of the Assembly. Watching the SC2 games at IEM also made me a bit more interested in SC2 and getting to know some of the players and asking them questions about the game helped out too. At the moment I'm generally just asking questions left and right from people I know that are kind of big brained in SC2 and its making the games much more enjoyable to watch when you understand the actions at least. I'm not sure how SC2 is going to invite the "general public" to watch esports when its hard enough to understand if you haven't got an RTS gaming background. I still believe "the bad guy has to plant the bomb and the good guy has to stop him" is a lot more easier to learn to understand and watch.
Apart from that, I've had so much on my shoulders really when it comes to family and work that now really isn't the time to bullshit me. So there's a couple of people this month I've really had to be bluntly honest to and tell them to stop bullshitting me. I usually just ignore and let them think they got away with while I just giggle by myself at their stupidity and let them think that I'm naive, I honestly don't care enough about it to constantly call out their bullshit or contradict them. But right now I just can't be bothered with putting stuff like that aside, dealing with it.
Speaking of work, I want to move out, and I've been waiting for nearly 3 months now for this full time job which I apparently already got but papers/contract haven't been set yet etc etc. I was told that I would get a call this Tuesday with an update as to when we would talk about the contract face to face but I wasn't called. It's not the first time this happens and pressure from my parents and the bank etc is making me impatient. I've had to apply for 4 jobs today. I guess if this is not sorted by mid-February I'll be getting another job even though I don't want to. This stuff is literally driving me insane.
It doesn't mean I'm leaving MYM, but MYM is just part time, and it's not exactly covering my bills, it's barely covering my phone bill and expenses when I travel for them so... something has to be done. Although I love working in esports and if I was to ever quit I would forever regret it, I also think that its about time I started earning enough to actually be completely independent. We'll see what the future holds...
On a good note, I have my last driving lesson tomorrow and then my driving exam at some point. I've been driving for aaaaages just never bothered to take lessons or pass my exam. I'm much more confident driving now anyway, much more than before. I guess my mum and dad weren't exactly the best of driving instructors out there :P my mum barely remembers which pedal is which and my dad just kind of drives like a maniac, always in a hurry!
Updates for February coming soon x
No comments:
Post a Comment