Today I went to say good-morning to my dad, in return, I got about a 30 min screaming frenzy thrown at me about these so called "facts" he knows about me. Funny he thinks that seeing as he is never home and I "maybe" see him on weekends. For him, the consequences of me being stuck in front of the computer are as followed:
His argument n1: "You have no social life". Oh yes, funny you should say that considering im dating, went out with friends only like last weekend, stayed the weekend at my cousins whom I adore and am constantly in contact with people which are my friends, online and offline. Now let's turn the argument around, who the hell are your friends? your work collegues with whom you have a semi-professional semi-friendship relationship with? Thrilling.
He then went on to say that internet friends are not real friends. True, I will never consider someone I'm randomly chatting to on the internet a real friend. However, I have met poeple through the internet, through gaming, LANs/events etc, that have been more a friend to me (and still are) than he ever will be. These people, know more about my life, than he ever will, and I will never forget them.
His argument n2: "You have no job". Oh thanks for reminding me skippy. It's not exactly like I haven't been trying. One of the reasons I'm glued in front of my monitor is because I'm applying for jobs every single day. Of course I haven't got a job, do you know how many people my age haven't got a job? it's called the fucking economical crisis, duh. Nobody is hiring kids fresh from out of school, in fact, i think about 4 people out of the 27 kids in my class have a job right now, or at least one related to the course they studied. On that note, why don't you start doing your job as a dad and help me out instead of fucking critising me every single fucking day telling me I don't have a job when I am trying my hardest. Trust me, there's nothing more I want right now than get away from home and far away from you, so yes, I am trying.
His argument n3: "You don't have your driving license yet". On that one I have to agree, I have been slacking. However, last year when I was studying Swedish, every single day my dad and my brother have been picking at me...every..single..day, and by picking i really mean picking, really being bitches to me (something I should be used to by now, we clearly know who is the favourite in the family). Considering I'm already shit scared of driving, and then on top he's picking on me, yeah, that's awesome motivation for me right there to do my driving license. The only reason I passed my written exam and am learning to drive right now is because my dad wasn't there so I could do it relax without him having breathing down my neck. If it wasn't for my mum and the fact my dad was away, I still wouldn't be able to drive right now.
You know what, you wanna be picking? Well this is me picking. You moving around all the time, dragging me around, hasn't helped. I miss my roots, I miss my family and I've never lived anywhere long enough to actually build a fucking long relationship or stay in touch with best friends for a longer period than 4 years. The second you made me move out of England you fucked up my studies and this whole balance I had over there, and then when i do come ask for help you usually tell me to fuck off.
You want me to stop being in front of the computer? I'm sorry but you're not being a dad enough for me to even care about your opinion right now. I will always respect you, but man do I hate you.
:( <3
ReplyDelete