Search This Blog

Sunday, 13 December 2009

I quit SK!

Yeah, I have been slacking with the blog yet again. So most of you already know that I quit SK a week or two ago, if not, then now you know!

I still have access to the website because I still want to help out immo when he is overloaded with work (ie - the esports index which does require a lot of work), although, he did just quit too! at least for the website-updating part, I hear he's gonna stay manager of the CS Team in the meanwhile though.

Do I regret it? absolutely not, it's a great feeling to just sit at home and think to yourself "what am I gonna do? I'm bored" instead of the "oh my god I haven't posted x items today and I'm 20 minutes late behind x website to post about x leaving team x". The pressure wasn't the reason I quit though, I enjoy working under pressure, it's more of a fact that it got too annoying...

SK Gaming is of course highly popular in the esports scene and everybody loves the player and most of the readers fall for some of the bullshit marketing news posts made on the front page which are there to give SK a good image but most of the time are just there to cover up some bullshit behind. However, it's really turned into a "ironical business", everything about SK is professional, the work load given to you is the same work load a normal person would recieve at his daily job, if not more, you are to have a professional appearance, behave professionally, go through the right ways of communication to get what you want etc. Which is all fine and dandy if this was my fulltime job and I GOT PAYED.

They can't exactly expect me to work like hell, put up with the crap they say about me or to me when I don't work, and then as a reward, not get payed (like stated in my contract). Apart from this, the rest in SK is absolutely fine. Although Thorin may not be the most liked guy (as I heard?) I believe he has done an excellent job at SK Gaming so far, at least, a vast improvement of our last Editor in Chief who was too busy staring at Asian chicks! I actually believe he'd (thorin) be better off working for a newspaper or a magazine or something, probably better payed too. But yeah, the whole team or staff "spirit" and "self-encouragement" is gone and has been replaced by a bully-type-encouragement "get your work done or your out" and I don't see why I should put up with that if I'm not gonna get anything out of it anyway. There's plenty of organisations I can work for, for free, but that I will actually enjoy working for.

It was then followed by bds leaving, meaning TheSlash is now in charge, I'm just ready to LOL out hard at what SK is gonna do now without bds. If it's other brilliant ideas like John Doe then we're in for a treat and titanic-style ending to SK.

Already started working for my next "employer" though, so it's all good. Announcement as to who of course will be made as soon as I got my contract, don't wanna blur it out and then find out it's not happening! All I can say is that I really like the management and the players there, we get on really great. The managers may not all have the expertise of bds, the esports knowledge of thorin or sam's quirky side, but the main point is we get on well and they're offering things SK never have.

2 comments:

  1. Good choice! (and I know your new employer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sad to see you leave SK", but I can under stand why after reading this post!

    ReplyDelete